Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Butterflies

I made this card using some brown Kraft packing paper, I found lying around.
I inked the paper using my dusters and distress inks (Vintage photo, faded jeans and peeled paint), and inked the edges.  Then using an Inkylicious script stamp and the same colours I stamped this randomly on the background.  Next I used Versamark and some gold embossing powder to further stamp the script to highlight a couple of areas.
I then found out some really old stamps (so old I don't know who made them or where they came from!) and used this to stamp the flowers on the background, and on a further piece of Kraft paper for the centre. I stamped more flowers and cut them out for embellishments.
I then stamped the butterfly's (wings and things from inkylicious) and glittered them.  Finally using some old brown organza ribbon, and a doily I assembled curling the edges back to see the patterned corners underneath.
I hope you like it!


I want to enter this into Paperchase - anything goes weekly challenge and
Sketch and stash challenge 117. Thank you!




3 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic, love the wonderful creation of yours!
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Sketch N Stash this time!
    xoxo, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the colours and how your butterflies pop of the page! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch and Stash, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x