Pages

Thursday 24 October 2013

Ballerina

Hello everyone in blog land!

I did say in my earlier blogs that I had a lot to make for October.  its a busy birthday month, with my Brother, Nan, Niece, Son and best friends daughter's birthdays all within two weeks! phew... i have however made them all!

I'm sharing with you the cards made for my Niece and Hannah (who is my best buddies beautiful daughter)  these were both made using a gorgeous freebie I found on http://alldressedupchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/  they have some other stunning images on digi - I may have to treat myself on payday!.

the first one I want to enter into

Passion 4 promarkers - things that begin with P.  I used, patterned paper, pearls, pink and promarkers
Bearly mine - sketch
Avenue create 613 - choose your own challenge I used, image, sentiment, sketch (see above), Die cut, paper punch, stickles, pearls, button, ribbon and twine
cards galore - flowers
Allsorts - Ribbons and bows
Joanna Sheen - buttons (a flower shaped button on top of the bow)
Flutterby Wednesday - NO Orange or black but with a butterfly
Creative inspirations - Anything goes





I used the Digi image and re-sized, and printed it along with a pink backing paper on craft artist as well as a sentiment.  i then used a backing paper (I brought it from the Range but I cant remember the name of it...)  I then coloured in the Digi image using my trust promarkers - colours used were
Hair - ivory, vanilla, tan, caramel and shale
skin - almond, blush, sunkissed pink
dress - pale blossom, blossom, pink sorbet, rose pink, cool grey 3 and 4
i then paper punched  the butterflies and glittered them, it was then assembled using a cream ribbon (also coloured with blossom promarker), tied a bow with it and the twine, die cut the tag (a freebie from a card magazine i brought today - woo hoo!)  on top of this bow i stuck a flower shaped button, and a pearl on top of that.  finished with some well placed pearls and flowers.

The next card was the same image, but this time assembled for a simple look on craft artist.  It was then printed out and coloured with the same promarkers as above.

I want to enter this one into
Daring Card makers  - digital




All very pink a girly today!

Happy birthday Camille and Hannah!!

thanks so much for dropping in - and welcome the new followers!  leave me a message if you stop by so I know you've been
Lots of love
Rachael
x

14 comments:

  1. Rachael beautiful cards love them both gorgeous. Love Alison xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been really busy crafting Rachael and this is such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Allsorts
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card! Thank you so much for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday's Challenge Blog! We hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Flutter By Wednesday's DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, your card is just fabulous! Thanks for the info on the Freebie at All Dressed Up! Your project has good balance, wonderful color integration and interesting composition. Beautifully executed! Thanks so much for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are so precious. Love the image and how you have colored it. Both cards are so different but so beautiful!!!

    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you again next week DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning cards rachael.really sweet image and your designs are beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeep!! they are both just stunning!!! I love the little butterflies!!
    Thank you for playing along with us over on the PFP challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about deleting my previous comment but I wanted to add some more.
    These are absolutely gorgeous Rachael. I love all the pink gorgeousness and butterflies of the first one and then the lovely CAS design of the second. If you have no objections, I would love to pin your cards to our All Dressed Up board on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/alldressedupcha/all-dressed-up-wendy-burns/
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Rachel - love the image and soft pretty colours! Gorgeous embellies too! Thanks for joining in my P challenge at Passion for Promarkers! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very lovely looking creation, well both of them are. Lovely work! Thanks for playing with us over at PFP this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, dt PFP

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card. I can never pull a simple and sweet card like this... Great job, Rachel! :)
    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x